Free Standing Retainer Walls are ideal to create storage bays and temporary divides for the bulk storage of materials such as silage, feedstuffs, coal or aggregates. Often these free standing retainer walls are refereed to as L walls due to the shape of their design.
Free Standing Retaining L Walls
Free Standing Retainer Walls Key Benefits
- Versatile designed to facilitate dual load bearing.
- Quick and easy to install of L walls are simple to position allowing a wall to be quickly formed.
- Effective flexible solution for storage often used as temporary divide or storage bays.
- Pull-out points are cast above the heel as standard on 2.4m & 3.0m walls to facilitate moving so to access to the silage face.
- Easily relocated ‘L’ Walls can be manufactured with forklift toe recesses on the base.
- Wide range of L-shaped Walls available in heights of 2.425m (8’), 3.0m (10’) 4.0m (13’), 5.0m (16’5”) and 6.0m (20’).
- Corner Retainer Wall Units make it easy to configure and adjust bay sizes.
- Designed to stand alone L walls can be fixed down to create permanent structures.
- Joints between individual walls can be sealed.
- DAFM (Department of Agricultural Food and Marine) precast concrete silo walls approved for grant aid in Republic of Ireland.
Free Standing Retainer Walls Installation & Delivery
Free Standing Retainer Walls are CE Marked – Manufactured to EN 15258.
Moore Concrete free standing retainer walls are designed by Chartered Structural Engineers in accordance with EN1992:1-1 and BS5502 Part 22 2003. Please see Declaration of Performance for further information.
- Free standing retainer walls are shipped on their sides due to height restrictions and for stability.
- Provision for lifting is made with 2Nr 16mm sockets which are cast into the unit. Lifting loops can be supplied by Moore Concrete.
- If using a fork truck an approved fork mounted hook attachment should be used. This mounted hook should be secured to the forks to prevent movement. If fork toes are not available an approved spreader beam should be used for use with a hiab, crane or digger.
- The units should be laid safely on the ground on timber skids/lathes to prevent damage to the unit.
- Lifting Loops will correspond to the load being lifted. Loops can be subjected to a diagonal lift up to 45°.
For full installation and handing guidance please refer to Storage and Handling Instructions for Free Standing Retainer Walls