Precast Bridge Parapets unit act as a safety barrier and are often installed at the edge of bridges or retaining walls to provide protection for vehicles and pedestrians against an adjacent vertical drop.
Bridge Parapet Key Benefits
- Unique parapet units can be made to specific customer requirements, with in- house mould facilities.
- Very high containment due to the significant mass of concrete, minimising the risk to traffic using a bridge as they are designed to absorb an vehicle impact rather than deflect the vehicle back into the line of traffic.
- Designed to incorporate the weight of vehicle, speed of impact & angle of impact.
- Can be made to tie into original bridge design.
- Versatile cost effective solution.
- Quick and accurate production.
- Bridge Parapet units can be supplied with projecting steel as required.
- Lifting points incorporated to required specification.
Bridge Parapets Design
Quotations can be provided on receipt of drawings and specification.
Bridge Parapets Example Projects
Bridge Parapets were supplied to the prestigious Belfast West Link project for the Grosvenor and Broadway Underpasses. A detailed project overview can be accessed using the link below: