Precast Bridge Parapets unit act as a safety barrier and are often installed at the edge of bridges or retaining walls to provide protection for vehicles and pedestrians against an adjacent vertical drop.
Bridge Parapet Key Benefits
- Unique parapet units can be made to specific customer requirements, with in- house mould facilities.
- Very high containment due to the significant mass of concrete, minimising the risk to traffic using a bridge as they are designed to absorb an vehicle impact rather than deflect the vehicle back into the line of traffic.
- Designed to incorporate the weight of vehicle, speed of impact & angle of impact.
- Can be made to tie into original bridge design.
- Versatile cost effective solution.
- Quick and accurate production.
- Bridge Parapet units can be supplied with projecting steel as required.
- Lifting points incorporated to required specification.
Bridge Parapets Example Projects
Bridge Parapets were supplied to the prestigious Belfast West Link project for the Grosvenor and Broadway Underpasses. A detailed project overview can be accessed using the link below:
Bridge Parapets Design
Quotations can be provided on receipt of drawings and specification.