Redi-Rock retaining and freestanding walls, can be rapidly constructed using the innovative 1 ton interlocking Redi-Rock blocks. The precast Redi-Rock concrete blocks are created in moulds with a natural affect cobblestone finish. Redi-Rock an engineered, interlocking product,is capable of creating an instant retaining wall system, that is versatile enough to achieve high structures without compromising strength. Creating Redi-Rock walls requires a combination of 3 different block types; Top, Middle & Bottle illustrated below.
Redi-Rock Retaining Walls
Redi-Rock Key Advantages
- Moore Concrete manufacture under license from Redi-Rock International of USA, creating benefits from a global business continuously investing in Research and Development to drive innovation, including sophisticated wall analysis software.
- The Redi-Rock product is BBA approved. Roads and Bridges Agreement Certificate 12/R149
- Redi-Rock blocks are manufactured in a factory controlled environment using durable wet cast high strength concrete to ensure durability, 100 year design life.
- Redi-Rock designed in accordance with BS EN 1997-1:2004
- Fully engineered design plan available for different heights and ground conditions, supported by professional indemnity insurance.
- Cost efficient complete project solution
- Reduced site cost and risk, from reduced number of people and time required on site.
- Fast & easy installation – up to 10 times faster than traditional walls
- Redi-Rock precast modular blocks ideal for quick, efficient installation, being simple & easy to use.
- Reduced site time with up to 60 blocks per 2 man team installation per day.
- Redi-Rock blocks are dry laid, again resulting in a quick and easy construction solution.
- Construction can occur in all weather conditions without the need for formwork, shuttering or mortar.
- Flexible if plans change can easily pick up and build in another location.
- Redi-Rock blocks have an attractive natural stone finish.
- Engineered strength, achieving height without Geogrid.
- Space saving design. Geogrid is rarely needed.
- Redi-Rock blocks can be reinforced with cable to provide traffic control and force protection.
- Redi- Rock blocks but have consistent dimensions making them easy to build with, providing a consistency of finish and which once installed preferable to walk or sit on.
- Redi-Rock freestanding blocks have the option of face texture on 2 or 3 sides for projects where the back or side of the block is visible.
- Redi-Rock is very versatile with the ability to create curves and corners.
- Redi-Rock products can all be used in-conjunction with each other to provide a consistent finish in project requiring retaining walls, freestanding walls, landscaping products.
- freestanding walls can be topped with planter blocks or heavy capstones
- accessories like columns, steps, and caps coordinate perfectly with Redi-Rock retaining and freestanding walls to create an exceptional finish.
- Minimum maintenance.
The XL Block has double the face height meaning half the installation time. It has a hollow core with a lighter weight, which lowers the cost of shipping. Redi-Rock XL blocks interlock with all existing blocks in the Redi-Rock system, providing more tools to build the most efficient retaining wall solution.
- Double height face 914mm (36”)
- Three widths available 1.37m (54”) 1.83m (72”) 2.44m (96”)
- Taller gravity walls can be designed up to 6 meters without any geotextiles
The wall system is designed for use in a broad range of applications, with substantial environmental and commercial benefits compared to traditional methods.
Redi-Rock Retaining Walls Applications
- Roads – simple fast construction, minimises disruption to keep the traffic flowing.
- Railways – space saving engineered solution prefect for railways.
- Water for Coastal and Flood Plain Defence, Shoreline and Sea Defence,- can be reinforced to withstand incredible storms.
- Bridges – you can design a solution using Redi-Rock whether you need abutments, wing walls or retaining walls leading up to or supporting your bridge.
- Housing and Commercial Developments – versatility of the Redi-Rock range and ease of installation, ensures a flexible retaining wall solution to maximise usable land, and create a beautiful aesthetic affect for the overall development.
- Landscaping and Security.
Redi-Rock Freestanding Walls Applications
- Protection Barriers
- Seat Walls
- Landscape Design – for more information on please click Redi-Rock Landscaping
Redi-Rock Design Services
Moore Concrete are Redi-Rock International’s manufacturing and sales partner throughout the island of Ireland. Moore Concrete can offer our customer advice and design services with the full backup of the experience and expertise of Redi-Rock International, including;
- Preliminary Design
- Full design / TAS Approval
- Installation Guide & Manual
Redi-Rock Installation is a fast and simple process, as demonstrated by the short video below;
Redi-Rock’s Force Protection System is the most innovative perimeter protection product on the market.
Post-Tension Cable and J-Bolt System: to link the blocks together
Modular Precast Concrete Blocks: walls can be easily dismantled and moved to another location
Redi-Rock’s barrier wall does not require a footing in most applications eliminating otherwise expensive construction costs. It installs easily using only minor construction.
Testing: Redi-Rock’s force protection system has been engineered and tested extensively. The post-tension cables running throughout the wall will allow it to flex when impacted. This flexibility gives the wall massive stopping power, with friction absorbing the kinetic energy of, for example, an impacting vehicle.
Suitability: All the aforementioned qualities combine to make Redi-Rock a fast, effective, re-usable solution to perimeter hostile vehicle attack. It works brilliantly as a security barrier system at:
- Train stations
- Military facilities
- Utility and critical infrastructure
- Fast to install Lego™ like system
- No ground anchor—uses its own weight
- Integral cable dissipates kinetic energy
- Proven to stop a 7.5 tonne vehicle at 30mph
- Aesthetically pleasing, with the look of natural stone