Harnessing Hydro Electric Power creates huge opportunities for long term sustainable energy generation, especially in the UK and Ireland with an abundance of water resources. Precast concrete construction for bespoke designs using precise configurations, with the minimal of local disturbance is a perfect material for these projects.
Hydro Electric Power Precast Construction
Hydro Electric Power Construction Key Benefits
- Creating unique moulds for precast units allow for bespoke designs using precise configurations to be manufactured to the highest standards in quality control manufacturing environment.
- Detailed structural design can incorporate numerous requirements including including the unit weight limit for site handling, joint and base connection details, and unit or pipe opening sizes to suit the hydraulic parameters of the weir system.
- Precast units can be installed regardless of weather and ground conditions.
- Reduced local disturbance with precast units manufacture off site, as often sites are located in remote areas of high conservation valve.
- Reduced amount of resources required for on site construction.
Hydro Electric Power Precast Applications
- Weirs constructed from precast concrete units
- Outfall Chamber from stacked Box Culvert Units
- Precast Intake units
- Main Powerhouse & Service Structures
Hydro Electric Power Design Projects
Moore Concretes team can facilitate the design and manufacturing of individual bespoke designs for these complex Hydro Electric Schemes. Moore Concrete clients including Green Highland Renewables offer their customers a turn key hydro development service from initial concept through to consent, construction, commissioning and generation.
Working in collaboration with Green Highland Renewables on bespoke projects, Moore Concrete created unique moulds, formulated the specific strength requirements of units and used state of the art manufacturing process to create the precise configuration of the weir components.
Hydro Electric Power Units Examples Projects
Moore Concrete supplied precast units for Green Highland Renewables on the two run of river Glen Affric hydro projects, comprising a 2MW scheme on the Abhainn Gleann nam Fiadh and 1.5MW on the Allt Garbh. The projects are scheduled to finish in summer 2017 and together the schemes will produce enough power to supply approximately 2,750 homes.
Ceannacroc part of the Great Glen hydro scheme, is located on the River Moriston in the Highlands. Moore Concrete provided a precast concrete solution ideal for this type of construction project, especially in an area with limited available access.