Ox Strain Posts
Ox Strain Posts
Newly developed reinforced concrete Ox Strain Posts are octagonal shaped strainer posts ideal for agricultural fencing. Regardless of ground conditions, Ox Strain Posts provide a durable, strong, maintenance free, fencing solution with a 50 year design.
Crosby Cleland, of Co Down-based Crosby Cleland Fencing & Gates, recently assessed a number of the posts in situ. He commented
“The fact that the new posts are 8 ½ feet in length should prove popular with both farmers and contractors. Most of the other options on the market at the present time are seven feet only in length. The new posts are also very well designed and made to last.”
“Ground conditions can vary a lot in Northern Ireland, from very mossy sites, through to the highest quality mineral soils. The good news is that the new Ox Strain Posts can be used in all conditions. High quality fencing is important, when it comes to delivering higher levels of grassland management and utilisation. There is a growing demand for new fencing on farms right across Northern Ireland at the present time. The new posts have been launched at exactly the right time.”
Ox Strain Post Key Benefits
- reinforced concrete provide durability and strength
- 50 year design life
- unaffected by ground conditions
- no maintenance
- the Ox Strain Post’s design creates 8 flat sides, making the post easier to handle and transport
- flat sides allow timber batons to be easily bolted to them, allowing barbed wire to be stapled directly to the post
- each Ox Strain Post is identical with a pointed end, making them easy to install
- specially designed cap allows installation using standard mechanical equipment
- the Ox Strain’s conformity results in an aesthetically pleasing finish to the completed fence
- notches for struts are cast into four sides at two different heights as standard for extra stability
- 8 1/2 ft length
Ox Strain Post Application
Ox Strain Concrete Octagonal Strainer Posts idea for fencing requirements.
They can also be used as posts to hang gate posts.
Ox Strain Post Installation & Delivery Conditions
The video below provides a guide of installation using mechanic equipment to drive the Ox Strain Posts into the ground. This video includes a top hat placed on top of the Ox Strain Post to protect the post when driving it in. Image of Steel Top Hat with cushioning rubber below.
For information on Top Hats and any other queries on Ox Strain Posts please call a member of our Agricultural Team for further details on 028 2565 2566 Ext 1.
Ox Strain Posts Standard Product – Length 2440mm (8′) x Base 200mm(8″) x 200mm(8″) x Top 200mm(8″) x 200mm(8″)
Ox Strain Struts – Length 2135mm (7′) x Base 75mm(3″) x 75mm(3″) x Top 75mm(3″) x 75mm(3″)