Moore Concrete Products Ltd Privacy Notice
Moore Concrete Products Ltd is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and processed.
Personal Data we may collect
Personal data is any information relating to you which allows us to identify you as an individual.
We may collect personal data from you when you make an enquiry regarding our products or services, interact with us at a trade show, use our website, interact on digital media, participate in a survey or competition, apply for employment or engage in correspondence by letter, phone, email or otherwise. You are not obliged to provide us with your personal details, however please note without this information we may not be able to fulfil your request. Consenting to the collection of personal data for our legitimate interests, enables us to provide information on the products & services we provide you and others we offer.
The information you give us may include but is not limited to the following categories
- Name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, nature of your enquiry, financial and payment information
- Information about your purchases or previous quotations.
- Personal details required to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations e.g. demographic information
- Human Resources data e.g. job title, role
- Information about your use of our website, including information collected using cookies. This is to help us improve our site and create a more personalised delivery of information
- Information that is publicly available that we may collect e.g. on social media platforms
How we use your personal data
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request
- Responding to enquiries
- Contacting you regarding delivery and installation, or other administrative purposes
- Customer services communication, to develop and improve our services enhancing your experience dealing with us e.g. collecting data on the number of people visiting our website and most frequently used sections to refine the site. Seeking customer feedback on their experiences to improve products and services.
- Provide tailored information and services, using your data to personalise the information we believe is of interest to you.
- From time to time we may contact you with marketing information e.g. inviting you to attend upcoming events, or with updates on our products or services, that we believe would be of interest to you. You have the choice at any time, to opt in or opt out, of receiving such communications. You will be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate if you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the header that says “Unsubscribe Direct Marketing”
- Financial information for accounting, payment, audit purposes or to detect or prevent any fraudulent activities
- Determine suitability of employment
- To comply with legal obligations or requirements from government authorities
We will only process your personal data where we have a legitimate basis to do so. In most cases we will need to process your personal data, so we can provide you with an accurate quotation or relevant information to your specific enquiry. We will usually rely on either our legitimate interest (in managing our business and providing services to our clients provided such interests are not overridden by your rights and interests), a contract or consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data.
In order to deliver our products and services to you effectively, we may share your personal information, on a confidential basis with trusted third party providers. Where trusted third parties are involved in processing your data we will have a contract in place to ensure the nature and purpose of the processing is clear and that they are subject to a duty of confidence in processing your information. Our agents, contractors and partners are restricted from using your data in any way other than to provide services for Moore Concrete Products Ltd, or services for the collaboration in which they and Moore Concrete are engaged. We will use appropriate security measures to endeavor to protect personal data during transit.
Trusted third party providers include
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators for compliance with legal requirements
- Trusted Agents & Distributors who represent Moore Concrete Products in certain geographical regions e.g. M J Harrisons in the Scottish market
- Trusted service providers we are using to run our business e.g. to deliver the products and services you have asked for, such distribution and installation suppliers or IT service providers
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, who may need information about your method of payment to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction;
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you
We will not share your personal information for marketing purposes with companies outside Moore Concrete Products Ltd, without your consent.
How long we hold your personal data
It is our aim not to retain your personal data for longer than it is necessary. When we no longer require your personal data in connection with the provision of our products and services, we will retain it for a reasonable period of time, in order to meet our legal obligations, to deal with complaints or queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made. When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
Security of your personal data
You have the right to request:
- a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- details relating to our processing of your data
- we correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you
- we delete any personal information there is no legitimate reason for us to continue to hold.
- we restrict the way we process your personal information e.g. suspend the processing of personal information about you, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Where we process your personal data based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to.
Note for your protection when exercising these rights, we may require you to provide further information to help us confirm your identity. This request is to help us ensure personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com using the subject line “Personal Information Request”.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise your rights regarding your personal information However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
The Moore Concrete website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. Google Analytics uses a cookie to evaluate how you use our website and complies reports on site activity. Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Tracking software monitors users traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site. We use this information to enable us to improve your user experience when accessing our site, by improving our understanding of the products and services most suitable to you. By using our website you consent to the processing of data about you by Goggle, in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you wish, you can change your browser settings to reject them. Please note choosing to adjust your cookie settings, may result in certain features on the site not working as intended. Furthermore our website may content embed content from third party websites such as YouTube or Facebook. By accessing this embedded content on these third party websites you should be aware that they may set their own cookies on your web browser. We do not control the use of these cookies and therefore would encourage you to read the Privacy Policies of such third party sites.