Bio-active Living Wall elements are designed to induce rapid plant wall coverage on inland buildings. Green plant coverage significantly improves urban landscapes, provides cleaner and healthier air, and reduces the ecological footprint of urban development. Standard and pocket tiles are 30cm’s square, although dimensions can be adjusted to meet the needs of specific projects.
ECOncrete Bio Active Wall Tile
ECOncrete Bio Active Living Walls Tiles
ECOncrete Bio Active Wall Tiles Key Benefits
- Typical green roofs or green walls systems usually demand elaborate soil and watering system, however this is not the case in ECOncrete® Bio Active concrete wall tile design. It has a bio-enhanced substrate that supports the growth of mosses, lichens and climbing vegetation.
- The innovative ECOncrete® Bio Active wall tiles differ from standard concrete units on three levels; concrete chemistry, surface rugosity and 3D macro complexity. These three elements work in synergy to mimic the features of natural surfaces thus enhancing the walls ability to support rich flora of plants that require little or no soil.
- The high surface rugosity, and the unique 3D designincludes micro pores, rugged textures, and varying elevations, increasing the walls ability to capture water and moisture, thus further contributing to flora growth as well as increasing their ability to effectively latch onto the wall surface.
- Create a highly aesthetic decorate façade.
- ECOncrete®’s Bio-Active Wall Installation at the Azouri Eco-Tower (Tel Aviv, Israel) contributed to the buildings LEED innovation points and was the first Israeli office building to receive a Gold LEED certificate. LEED is a global standard rating system for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, to evaluate the environmental performance of a building and encourage market transformation towards sustainable design.
- Based on research findings from Azouri Eco – Tower and other prior installations ECOncrete®’s has been able to evaluate its role in deceasing the ecological footprint of urban environment by;• Promoting high plant diversity and coverage on the structures façade
• Contributing to air quality through oxygen production of enhanced plant coverage
• Increasing energy efficiency of the structures envelope
• Absorption and reduction of atmospheric CO2
• Acting as a passive acoustic insulation
• Enhanced foliage cover serves to absorb solar radiation
• High foliage cover captures pollutants from the air
• Increasing the overall aesthetics of the structure.
ECOncrete Bio Active Wall Tiles Applications
ECOncrete’s Bio-Active Wall Tiles Installation at Lev Levontin, Tel Aviv designed by Leor Lovinger CEO of Studio Urbanof Landscape Architecture Ltd., provides a great case study showing the benefits over time of this installation. For more details click ECOncrete Case Study Bio-Active Wall Tiles.
Linda McKeown from Blueleaf Garden Design Belfast has developed a suggested range of plants suitable for use in conjunction with ECOncrete’s Bio Active Walls Tiles, in both sunny and shaded settings. For more details click ECOncrete Bio Active Wall Tile Plants.
Awarding Winning Garden at Bloom 2018 Designed by Linda McKeown Incorporating ECOncrete Bio Active Wall Tiles
The Bloom Exhibiton based in Phoenix Park Dubin is an annual event showcasing the most creative gardens and plant displays throughout Ireland, which are designed to inspire the public about gardening and garden design. We were delighted to have worked with Linda McKeown from Blueleaf Garden Design to incorporate our innovative ECOncrete® Bio Active Living Wall Tiles within her Enable Ireland Beyond Boundaries Show Garden, which was Awarded Best in Category for Medium Sized Gardens and a prestigious Silver Gilt Award.
This was the third year in which Linda had a design entry at Bloom. Her ability to combine aesthetic and structural themes within an overall garden design theme were the facets to the 2018 project, which moist caught the judges eye.
“Obviously, coming up with an overall design that is pleasing to the eye was important.” To make this happen Linda included a mix of Silver Birch and pine trees, various grasses and a vertical wall.“The wall is a feature that reflects the urban environment within which many gardens are set,” she said.
By common consent, the vertical wall featuring ECOncrete Bio-Active Wall Tiles provided a stunning backdrop to the overall garden.
Visitors enjoying the garden included Irish President Micheal D Higgins.
Landscape Show 2018 – Voted Best in Show
We were delighted to be voted best in show at the Landscape Show at Battersea in London, especially as it was voted for by participants and attendees of the show itself.
LANDSCAPE is established as the essential trade event for discerning landscape designers, architects, contractors, facilities managers and interior designers involved in some of the most important, prestigious and valuable projects in the UK and beyond.