Bio-active Living Wall elements are designed to induce rapid plant wall coverage on inland buildings. Green plant coverage significantly improves urban landscapes, provides cleaner and healthier air, and reduces the ecological footprint of urban development. Standard and pocket tiles are 30cm’s square, although dimensions can be adjusted to meet the needs of specific projects.
ECOncrete Bio Active Wall Tile
ECOncrete Bio Active Wall Tiles Key Benefits
- Typical green roofs or green walls systems usually demand elaborate soil and watering system, however this is not the case in ECOncrete® Bio Active concrete wall tile design. It has a bio-enhanced substrate that supports the growth of mosses, lichens and climbing vegetation.
- The innovative ECOncrete® Bio Active wall tiles differ from standard concrete units on three levels; concrete chemistry, surface rugosity and 3D macro complexity. These three elements work in synergy to mimic the features of natural surfaces thus enhancing the walls ability to support rich flora of plants that require little or no soil.
- The high surface rugosity, and the unique 3D designincludes micro pores, rugged textures, and varying elevations, increasing the walls ability to capture water and moisture, thus further contributing to flora growth as well as increasing their ability to effectively latch onto the wall surface.
- Create a highly aesthetic decorate façade.
- ECOncrete®’s Bio-Active Wall Installation at the Azouri Eco-Tower (Tel Aviv, Israel) contributed to the buildings LEED innovation points and was the first Israeli office building to receive a Gold LEED certificate. LEED is a global standard rating system for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, to evaluate the environmental performance of a building and encourage market transformation towards sustainable design.
- Based on research findings from Azouri Eco – Tower and other prior installations ECOncrete®’s has been able to evaluate its role in deceasing the ecological footprint of urban environment by;• Promoting high plant diversity and coverage on the structures façade
• Contributing to air quality through oxygen production of enhanced plant coverage
• Increasing energy efficiency of the structures envelope
• Absorption and reduction of atmospheric CO2
• Acting as a passive acoustic insulation
• Enhanced foliage cover serves to absorb solar radiation
• High foliage cover captures pollutants from the air
• Increasing the overall aesthetics of the structure.
ECOncrete Bio Active Wall Tiles Applications
ECOncrete’s Bio-Active Wall Tiles Installation Lev Levontin, Tel Aviv provides a great case study showing the benefits over time of this installation. For more details click ECOncrete Case Study Bio-Active Wall Tiles March 2017
For additional information please refer directly to the ECOncrete website, www.econcretetech.com
Alternatively our brochure Bio Active Walls