The freestanding Concrete Bunker Walls are TAMS II Grant Aid Approved for use in Grain Stores by DAFM. They are designed to minimise the hassle of storing bulk materials in various industries including agriculture, horticulture, recycling, woodchip and biomass. The wall is the optimum shape and profile for the storage of grain, aggregate, solid fuels and other materials. The unique curved shape has been developed to allow the free flow of material to the floor with a 100mm straight portion at the bottom edge to aid the removal of material from the bay.
Concrete Bunker Walls Ireland
Concrete Bunker Walls Key Benefits
- Bunker Walls are TAMS II Grant Aid Approved for use in Grain Stores by DAFM (Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine in Ireland) Click here for details
- Bunker Walls are double load bearing.
- Ease of repositioning as Bunker Walls have forklift recesses incorporated into the base.
- This ease of movement creates versatility, allowing you to change the size of bays in line with business demands or crop yields.
- Bunker Walls unique curve design was developed to allow the free flow of material to the very bottom of the silo.
- Narrow base thus minimizing the Bunker Walls footprint.
- Walls up to 3.0m (10’) do not need bolted down when retaining material which has a density of less than 12kn/m3. This includes grain, solid fuels, recycling materials, wood chip, potatoes etc.
- A heavier profile wall is available for retaining silage in both 2.4m (8’) and 3.0m (10’) heights. These will need to be bolted to a suitably reinforced slab.
- Corner units for the Bunker Walls are also available.
- Bunker Walls are available in heights ranging from 1500mm (5′) to 4300mm (14′) as detailed below
Table of Bunker Wall Sizes Below
Concrete Bunker Walls Applications
- Recycling materials
- Sand & Gravel
- Apples / Food Stuffs
- Solid fuel
- Silage (if bolted down)
- Emergency Exit Tunnel
- In conjunction with Zapshelter for temporary cover
Bunker Walls Design
Moore Concrete’s Bunker Wall has a unique design, registered – Community Design Registration No. 001647983-0001.
Bunker Walls are CE Marked – Manufactured to Moore Concrete’s highest manufacturing standards EN 15258.
Bunker Walls Installation & Delivery Considerations
Bunker Walls are either transported on their base or their side.
Lifting eyes are cast that top of the Bunker Walls, Moore Concrete provide pins inserted through these holes and then attached to lifting loops.
The video below demonstrates how to turn a Bunker Wall, using our top tip of using wooden laths to help prevent chipping.
For additional guidance see our Storage and Handling Instructions